On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect. Although the regulation is coming out of the European Union (EU), it has implications worldwide. Simply put, this regulation is intended to protect an individual’s right to privacy. GDPR impacts any business that collects, processes, or stores information regarding residents of the European Union –including residents outside the EU.
The core focus of Whitcraft Learning Solutions, Inc., is to help clients improve their business skills and/or academic performance through coaching to achieve personalized objectives. All short- and long-term projects require us to maintain records of information about individual clients, especially for billing purposes. It’s important to us that we achieve compliance with the GDPR to protect the best interests of our clients.
We have a commitment to our clients. We work hard to ensure that an individual’s personally identifying information (PII) is kept private and that we meet all legal and compliance specifications when it comes to your data. One of the ways we do this is by ensuring our readiness for and compliance with the GDPR.
At the heart of GDPR are specific rights that individuals are granted regarding their personal data:
- Right of access: If a client requests his or her data, the business must provide it to the client.
- Right to rectification: Businesses must allow a client to correct incomplete or inaccurate information.
- Right to erasure: Clients can request deletion or removal of personal data.
- Right to restrict processing: Individuals have the right to block processing of personal data.
- Right to portability: Businesses must allow individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes.
- Right to object: Individuals can object to having their personal information used for purposes such as direct marketing, research and statistics.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold for you, updating that information, or removing your information from our files, please feel free to contact us.