Tips to get the most out of your online learning session
- Make sure you are at your computer, powered up and logged in at least 5 minutes before our scheduled start time.
- If you will need a glass of water or cup of coffee, make sure you have it there before you start.
- Make sure your computer is in a room or location where you won’t be interrupted. That means no TV, no additional people in the room, no chance of your dog running in… Shut the door and put a sign on it if necessary.
- Use a headset so that your hands are free (or phone on speaker?)
- Close all other applications on your computer that won’t be needed for our session, including your email (so that we don’t hear it “ding” when new email arrives).
- Parents: make sure kids use the bathroom prior to the session.
Whitcraft Learning Solutions, Inc. pays for online programs and applications needed to teach subjects we cover, including math, science, and engineering. These include Barton Reading and Spelling (an Orton-Gillingham based method), Cingletree Grammar, KOBO, and other resources for online test prep, interview preparation, and literature analysis.
Whitcraft Learning Solutions, Inc., has clients all over the United States and the world. We can conduct academic coaching services via WebEx. Utilizing WebEx we can provide national and international students with the same personalized academic coaching programs we create for local clients. We are pleased with the 24/7 support WebEx is able to provide to our clients during any student session. Note: clients do not pay a fee to use WebEx, as those are covered by our account.
TutorPanel – Access to Schedule and Accounting Status
Clients and students will be provided with access to TutorPanel for the following uses:
- Lesson reminders automatically emailed to students and parents for upcoming session
- Login for clients under 18 years of age to view schedule
- Login for parents of minors to view schedule and running record of payments and balance of account
- Login for clients over 18 years of age to schedule and running record of payments and balance of accounts
- Submits electronic receipt for payment
- Invoices submitted upon request and/or for Employee Flex Plan, if applicable
Whitcraft Leaning Solutions, Inc., initially sets up a Google Doc in order to maintain a running record of session notes and/or homework assignments. Additional files may be set up for essays, internship journals, professional planning, and more. All documents will be shared with clients and, if applicable, with parents. Restricted access may apply to some documents such as session notes.